Landscape Architects

Application Forms

Applicants for the LARE (Landscape Architect Registration Examination) must first establish a CLARB Council record, register with CLARB for the exam and pass all LARE sections.  See website at  To become licensed in Kansas, you must request your CLARB Council Record be sent to KSBTP upon passage of all LARE sections and submit this completed application to be approved by the Board.  The examination fees are paid directly to CLARB.

All comity/reciprocity applications must be complete in the Board Office no later than 30 days prior to the next scheduled meeting of the Board.  Tentative Board meeting dates are available on this web site under "About Us".  The fee for the Landscape Architect by Reciprocity application in Kansas is $250.

If your Kansas Landscape Architect license has lapsed or been cancelled, you must complete the Reinstatement Application.  The fee is $100.

Return to Practice Application
If your Landscape Architect license has been on Retired status, you must complete the Return to Practice Application to change your license to Active status.  Continuing education is required for Active status.

Emeritus Status Application
A Landscape Architect who chooses this status may not work in Kansas, however they may use their professional title in conjunction with the word "emeritus."  No renewal required.

Please note: To download the applications, Adobe Acrobat Reader for your version of Windows is required. If you do not have this reader, click here and follow the download instructions to your computer. Once installed, retrieve the form, complete the form online and then print.

Landscape Architect News Items

The next renewal window for Landscape Architects with last names beginning with A-L is from November 1, 2014 to December 31, 2014.  Continuing Education of 30 PDHs is required at renewal.

Other Links of Interest

Page last updated September 1, 2012