WELCOME to the Kansas State Board of Technical Professions! Check out this new web site for licensing information for the following professions: Architecture, Engineering, Geology, Landscape Architecture and Surveying in addition to the Business Entities for these professions.
Announcements & News
Board Office closed Friday, July 3, 2015
Please remember the KSBTP Board Office will be closed on Friday, July 3, 2015 for Independence Day.
Principle and Practice of Engineering –Structural Component exam results
All Principle and Practice of Engineering –Structural Component exam results were mailed today, Friday, June 12, 2015. Do not call the Board office for your results. No information regarding exam results for this exam, or any other exam, will be given over the telephone or email. If you have not received your exam result letter by June 26, 2015, you may call the Board office for instructions.
APRIL 2015 NEWSLETTER
The KSBTP APRIL 2015 NEWSLETTER has been posted. Current and Past Newsletters are available at the "NEWSLETTERS" link on this web page. Anyone who would like to receive a newsletter may sign up in the lower right column of this web page.
RENEWALS FOR ARCHITECTS & GEOLOGISTS ARE DUE BY JUNE 30, 2015
Renewals for Architects & Geologists for last names beginning with M-Z are due by June 30, 2015. The ONLINE RENEWAL process may be found at the RENEWAL tab listed above in the navigation bar.
LICENSURE SEARCH & STATUS DEFINITIONS
The "Licensure Search" Quick link allows users to search for information on licensed professionals. When searching by license number please be sure to type the correct title abbreviation prior to the license number, for example PE1234. If you cannot locate your license, try searching by only the last name or license number. Leave the other fields blank. Abbreviations for each profession are:
Professional Engineers (PE)
Professional Surveyors (PS)
Professional Geologist (PG)
Landscape Architects (LA)
- Active: Licensee may practice a technical profession in the state of Kansas. Active licensees are subject to all renewal and continuing education requirements.
- Inactive: Licensee may not practice a technical profession in the state of Kansas. Renewal fees are still paid but licensees are exempt from continuing education requirements while in this status. Inactive status is normally used as a way to prevent a license from being cancelled and the need to be reinstated.
- Emeritus: Licensee may not practice a technical profession in the state of Kansas, however, may use their professional title in conjunction with the word “Emeritus”. Emeritus licenses are exempt from renewal fees and continuing education requirements. License does not expire or need to be renewed. Applicants for Emeritus status must be at least 60 years old.
- Cancelled: Licensee no longer holds a professional license and cannot practice a technical profession in the state of Kansas. Cancelled licensees must complete a Reinstatement application process before their licenses can become Active.
- Pending: An application for a professional license has been submitted but is not complete. This can mean that supporting documents are missing from an application or that an applicant is currently in the exam process. An applicant may not practice until a license is Active. In many cases if a Pending status is more than a year old then a new application must be submitted. Please contact the Board office if you have any questions regarding a Pending status.
NEW LICENSE SEARCH APP
Need to search for a licensed professional? Download a new, free app for iPhone and Android users. Visit your app store and download "MyLicense Verification".
"MyLicense Verification" allows users to search and view information about licensed professionals in multiple states. Information includes license type and number, issue and expiration date, status, and other features.
The deadline for a completed application for the April 2016 NCEES PE/PS exam is January 15, 2016. Applications are now being accepted for those who meet the experience requirement.
The deadline for a completed application for the October FG/PG exam is July 1, 2015. Applications are now being accepted for those who meet the experience requirment.
The next KSBTP Board meeting is July 10, 2015 in Topeka, Kansas.
The Kansas Licensure Recognition Ceremony for Architects, Landscape Architects, Professional Engineers, Professional Geologists, and Professional Surveyors will be held on July 10, 2015 at the Kansas State Historical Society Museum in Topeka, KS.
Please contact the Board office for more information.
Page last updated June 30, 2015.