WELCOME to the Kansas State Board of Technical Professions! Check out this new web site for licensing information for the following professions: Architecture, Engineering, Geology, Landscape Architecture and Surveying in addition to the Business Entities for these professions.
Announcements & News
JULY 2015 NEWSLETTER
The KSBTP JULY 2015 NEWSLETTER has been posted. Current and Past Newsletters are available at the "NEWSLETTERS" link on this web page. Anyone who would like to receive a newsletter may sign up in the lower right column of this web page.
LICENSURE SEARCH & STATUS DEFINITIONS
The "Licensure Search" Quick link allows users to search for information on licensed professionals. When searching by license number please be sure to type the correct title abbreviation prior to the license number, for example PE1234. If you cannot locate your license, try searching by only the last name or license number. Leave the other fields blank. Abbreviations for each profession are:
Professional Engineers (PE)
Professional Surveyors (PS)
Professional Geologist (PG)
Landscape Architects (LA)
- Active: Licensee may practice a technical profession in the state of Kansas. Active licensees are subject to all renewal and continuing education requirements.
- Inactive: Licensee may not practice a technical profession in the state of Kansas. Renewal fees are still paid but licensees are exempt from continuing education requirements while in this status. Inactive status is normally used as a way to prevent a license from being cancelled and the need to be reinstated.
- Emeritus: Licensee may not practice a technical profession in the state of Kansas, however, may use their professional title in conjunction with the word “Emeritus”. Emeritus licenses are exempt from renewal fees and continuing education requirements. License does not expire or need to be renewed. Applicants for Emeritus status must be at least 60 years old.
- Cancelled: Licensee no longer holds a professional license and cannot practice a technical profession in the state of Kansas. Cancelled licensees must complete a Reinstatement application process before their licenses can become Active.
- Pending: An application for a professional license has been submitted but is not complete. This can mean that supporting documents are missing from an application or that an applicant is currently in the exam process. An applicant may not practice until a license is Active. In many cases if a Pending status is more than a year old then a new application must be submitted. Please contact the Board office if you have any questions regarding a Pending status.
NEW LICENSE SEARCH APP
Need to search for a licensed professional? Download a new, free app for iPhone and Android users. Visit your app store and download "MyLicense Verification".
"MyLicense Verification" allows users to search and view information about licensed professionals in multiple states. Information includes license type and number, issue and expiration date, status, and other features.
The deadline for a completed application for the April 2016 NCEES PE/PS exam is January 15, 2016. Applications are now being accepted for those who meet the experience requirement.
The next KSBTP Board meeting is October 2, 2015 in Topeka, Kansas.
Please contact the Board office for more information.
Page last updated September 15, 2015.